Doctor of Philosophy August 2012
- Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA
- Counselor Education and Supervision (CACREP Accredited)
- Dissertation – The Development and Validation of the Preference for Adherence to Theoretical Orientation Scale (PATOS)
Master of Arts in Professional Counseling July 2009
Liberty University, Lynchburg, VA
Bachelor of Science in Psychology May 2008
Regent University, Virginia Beach, VA
Providing Supervision for 8+ years
National Clinical Mental Health Counseling Exam (NCMHCE) Tutoring
We offer one-on-one, group tutoring services, as well as 3-hr weekend workshops. Utilizing a simulation format, we provide training that works on conceptualizing how to pass the exam….We help you understand the fundamental process of logical processing and basics the of the counseling process put into application.
- Individual Session $75/session: One session is going through 1 counselingexam.com simulation….each selection and non-selection is discussed to identify what makes a selection correct…and what makes a selection incorrect.
- Group Session $45/session (must have 2 or more individuals): One session is going through 1 counselingexam.com simulation….each selection and non-selection is discussed to identify what makes a selection correct…and what makes a selection incorrect. Each member individually manages a section independently.
- 3-hr weekend workshop $135/workshop: One workshop looks at multiple simulations covering specific dynamics of: family, individual, group, children, and couples. Tips to pass the exam and test areas of administrative/ethics of counseling is defined.
Dr. Yancey is an affiliate of Counselingexam.com.
Listen in on their live podcast for new and updated tools and skills to pass the NCMHCE.
Passing the Counseling NCMHCE narrative exam
Dr. Linton Hutchinson, LMHC
Information needed to pass the National Clinical Mental Health Counseling Exam (NCMHCE), to become a LMHC, LPC, LPCC, lcpc. This podcast by Dr. Linton Hutchinson, a licensed Mental Health therapist helps studying for the NCMHCE narrative exam by giving practical information on the exam. Focuses on diagnosis, treatment planning, strategies, content review, sample questions, counseling theories, the practical side of counseling, techniques, and the required knowledge of CACREP domains, including:
Professional Practice and Ethics
Intake, Assessment, & Diagnosis
Areas of Clinical Focus
Counseling Skills and Interventions
Core Counseling Attributes
The exam requires knowledge of the DSM-5-TR. These podcasts will help in your NCMHCE exam review and are a good supplement for working through the narratives on CounselingExam.com
book an appointment